Breakfast: Egg Muffins (make ahead on Sunday night, so they are ready to go in the morning) Yield: 12 muffins (6 servings)
* You can make these with any ingredients that sound good to you!
½ teaspoon seasoned salt
2-3 tablespoons onion, diced (optional) could use frozen diced onion)
1 cup cooked bacon, diced (optional or serve on the side)
pepper to taste
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
¼ cup fresh mushrooms, diced (optional - sauté first)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I use sharp)
½ cup baby spinach, finely shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 12cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray (the better you spray, the less it will stick!) or use thick muffin liners (such as these silicone liners).
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs. Add in remaining ingredients and mix together.
4. Scoop ⅓ cup of mixture into each muffin liner.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the center of the muffin is completely cooked. **Pop in the microwave in the morning to heat up! Eat with avocado and salsa, if desired!